As our communities fight wildfires during our battle with COVID-19, now is the time to be prepared.
The four-step approach to emergency preparedness includes:
Step 1: Make a plan
Step 2: Build a Kit
Step 3: Stay Informed
Step 4: Get Involved
Not sure how to make a plan?
(1) Put a plan together by discussing the questions below with your family, friends or household:
– How will I receive emergency alerts and warnings?
– What is my shelter plan?
– What is my evacuation route?
– What is my family/household communication plan?
– Do I need to update my emergency preparedness kit?
– Get cloth face coverings (for everyone over 2 years old), disinfectants, and check with the CDC for COVID-19 updates.
(2) Consider specific needs in your household (i.e age, dietary needs, medical needs, pets, etc.)
(3) Fill out a Family Emergency Plan
(4) Practice your plan with your family/household
Disasters Don’t Wait. Make your plan today, and remind your friends and neighbors to do that same.